Sunday, July 3, 2011

Summer BBQ

While I ran to the craft store for the 2nd time today, I also stopped by the grocery store to grab some whipping cream and butter that I had forgotten yesterday.  I was walking through the meat section and this lovely organic grain fed pork rib roast sitting in the discount section caught my attention... Not only was it 70% off, the sell by date was on Wednesday, and it fits the requirements of it being meat that I eat.

There's a long conversation that I can have with you if you're interested, but I know from growing up on a farm how animals can be treated, and how most grocery store meat is treated.  The farm that this came from is within 50 miles of the city, and is one that I know treats it animals humanely and with care.


So tonight we have a green salad dressed with balsamic and olive oil, the pork-roasted in the oven with caramelized bbq sauce, upstate style salt potatoes, cole slaw, and homemade quick pickles.

To drink I found some lovely Hibiscus, Lemongrass and Spearment tea at one of the co-op supermarkets, I brewed that then iced it down with a little honey.

Happy Independence Day all-

Cheers!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment